Re: ld cannot find -lc

On Jan 28, 2012, at 3:46 AM, Marc Glisse wrote:

> Unpatched gcc doesn't work on recent debian/ubuntu. Maybe this should be stated somewhere prominently in the build instructions?

Thanks!   So would I avoid this problem altogether just by trying a more recent GCC version?  I downloaded that one because it matches the version that's already installed on the machine.  (I am trying to make my own instrumented GCC to run some benchmarks with comparisons to the non-instrumented, default, installed version.)

Amittai Aviram
PhD Student in Computer Science
Yale University
646 483 2639