Re: Modification required in cout function

On 6 January 2012 09:28, naveen yadav wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to modify cout source code in GCC such that it will not print
> any thing on the screen.
>
> The reason is I have very large already compile code(distrubited in
> lib form) and it is not possible to recompile. so i left with no
> option but to modify in GCC code. Will you pls let me know where I can do it .

Can't you just redirect the program's output to /dev/null when you run
the program?

Or close the file descriptor in your program's main() function?

Or duplicate the file descriptor in main() to redirect the output to a file?

Changing the standard library probably isn't necessary.

The relevant code is in libstdc++-v3/src/ios_init.cc