downloading gcc for MAC OS X snow leopard

Hello,

I am trying to download the *.zip or *.tar file for free fortran,
but am having trouble finding the download site and actual down
load dmg.  Where is this.  I am being send in circles online at the moment.

  Mary Ann Jenkins, Associate Professor
  Department of Earth and Space Science and Engineering
  Faculty of Pure and Applied Science
  York University, 4700 Keele Street
  Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M3J 1P3

  Voice: (416) 736-2100 ext 22992
  Office: 130 Petrie Science and Engineering Building
  E-mail: maj@xxxxxxxx
  FAX: (416) 736-5817