Is libffi linked statically to gcj/go?

We've been having some problems that arise from conflicts between the
"system" version of libffi and the one installed by GCC when
--enable-languages=java is used. Packages are erroneously getting linked to
the GCC version and then breaking when the user rebuilds without java.  I've
seen some vague references that libffi is actually linked statically with gcj
which makes me think we could simply not install the internal libs and
headers.  But after digging through the code and build logs I can't find any
evidence that this is the case.

I imagine this also applies to Go, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Also, is there a testcase I could use to make sure removing the internal libs
doesn't break functionality?  I don't know enough about these languages to
write one myself.

--
fonts, gcc-porting,                  it makes no sense how it makes no sense
toolchain, wxwidgets                           but i'll take it free anytime