Re: LTO support for static libraries

于 2011/12/17 2:15, Paul Dovydaitis 写道:
I’m trying out the LTO feature on some of my existing code and it’s
unclear from the documentation how this will interact with linking
against static libraries also built with LTO.

Our build process currently is basically 1) build various internal
libraries and package them with ar 2) build the application and link
against libraries from (1).  If everything is built with LTO will it
attempt to optimize it all?  I know that the IR is embedded in the
object files, so it should be available through the archive, but it's
unclear if it will actually be pulled out.
You can add "-flto -fuse-linker-plugin" to your linker option, then linker can use the LTO information.

--
Best Regards,
xunxun