Re: No useful backtrace after uncaught exception in std::thread

On 2011-11-15 21:14, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
2011/11/15 Tobias Ringström:
That's more like it. Is the std::thread behaviour a bug, or am I missing
something? Though the C++11 standard seems to allow the stack to be unwound
before std::terminate is called, it exceptionally unhelpful. I've search but
not been able to find any explanation.
No, it's not a bug, but it could be improved.

Heh, that's an understatement. :-)

Now that the compiler support noexcept we should use that instead and
not catch the exception, causing the runtime to call terminate without
unwinding the stack.

I'll make that change for 4.7.0

That's great news, and a good hint, too. I simply added a noexcept to my threads' main functions as a workaround, and it works as advertised. Thanks for your quick help!

/Tobias