Re: gcc-4.6.2 build problem related to xgcc not liking '-V' option on i686-pc-linux-gnu

On 7 November 2011 17:08, Sinkler, Wharton  wrote:
> Thanks to all.  I got it built successfully after setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the terminal:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
>
> If you are interested, I am hereby volunteering to contribute a short writeup of the successful installation process on my system.  I think this could be helpful to people wanting to install gcc, but not as versed in Unix and working with compilers and linkers.
>
> One thing which I would recommend is to put links on the installation pages (http://gcc.gnu.org/install/) to some of FAQ and tutorial pages.
>
> Let me know if you would entertain my editing of the html files and emailing these back your way.

Feel free to edit the wiki, but I'm curious what could be explained in
simpler terms than http://advogato.org/person/redi/diary/253.html

(less patronising terms, maybe, but what about those instructions is not clear?)