Re: new to GCC

I received several answers, so I hope you don't mind if I answer this one and send to all.

I am a Medical Physicist but trained back in the vacuum tube days, I have worked with computers for a long time. Before I retired I setup the computer system used the Department of Radiotherapy at Trinity College, we had a computer lab to teach 3D treatment planning using CT data to students. So we had 40 computers ( first with Linus and then Windows ) networked in the department. I set it up , installed the software, taught the class and maintained the system ( but did no programming ).
( yea I told my students it was uphill both ways to school ).

I still have several computers. My main unit ( this one ) is running windows 7 with 2 Terabit hard drives. In addition I have a laptop running
windows 98 and Ubuntu Linux. I also have a lap top running DOS.

If I was braver and could find all the software I need I would go to Linux, but for now I need the Windows 7 OS. So what would I need for my main system Windows 7 or should I download the Linux system to start there. I do like computers and have about 7 in various stages of repair ( tho like and idiot I got rid of my Altair after I build it ).

Albert