RE: Building a uclibc based toolchain

The sequence that I follow while building an uClinux toolchain is like:
1. Building ELF compiler (only Binutils and GCC, no libraries)
2. Building elf2flt tools (ELF)
3. Building uClinux kernel
4. Building uClibc variants
5. Building uClinux toolchain
6. Building elf2flt tools  (uClinux)

> When uClibc building is done, where should I install the uClibc
> libraries (libc.a, librt.a, etc...)
> and headers?

The uClibc libraries are to be installed at:
prefix/<target>-uclinux/runtime/usr e.g. prefix/arm-uclinux/runtime/usr

One should copy both 'include' and 'lib' contents at this path.
You may need to create appropriate folders for multiple variants e.g. I copy
non-PIC libraries at above path whereas PIC libraries in the separate
subfolder at the same path.

Thanks and Regards,
Jayant