Re: SIZE_TYPE

Aurelien Buhrig <aurelien.buhrig.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> it seems the pb comes from a call to fold_binary (in fold_build2_stat)
> which return NULL, then falling into build2_stat with incorrect
> params.
>
> fold_binary  parameters are
> code = PLUS_EXPR ,
> type --> pointer to INT
> op0 --> NOP_EXPR, type pointer to int, (converting size_t to pointer)
> op1 --> SSA_NAME, type pointer to int
>
> such a case is not handled by fold_binary.
> Does the pb comes from the fact that fold_binary does not handle such
> a case, or because such a call should not happen (ex a call with code
> POINTER_PLUS_EXPR with a pointer and an interger as operands ???

Please don't top-post.  Thanks.

You mention POINTER_PLUS_EXPR at the end, but PLUS_EXPR in the middle.
Which is it?

You originally said this happened when compiling __gcc_bcmp.  I don't
see any "pointer to int" types in __gcc_bcmp; where are they coming
from?

It's never a bug that fold_binary returns NULL.  So you should look at
the caller.  You should look at every level in the call stack, in fact.
Look at the code and the comments at each level.  That should help you
understand what is happening.

Ian