Re: 4.6.1 bootstrap failure on ia64

Salvatore Filippone <salvatore.filippone@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Il giorno ven, 14/10/2011 alle 20.20 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor ha scritto:
>> Salvatore Filippone <salvatore.filippone@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> >
>> > Any suggestions as to what to try next?
>>
>> Compare insn-emit.o and sel-sched-ir.o in the stage2/gcc and stage3/gcc
>> directories, and find out how they differ.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> They differ in size, with the stage3  one being significantly larger;
> being binary files I wouldn't know how to compare the contents.

A good start is running objdump -x on each and comparing the output.  If
they seem identical there, try objdump -d.

It's normal for the stage3 .o file to include debugging info and the
stage2 .o file to not include it.  The comparison script will ignore
that.  So it's normal for the stage3 .o file to be significantly larger.

Ian