Re: gcc-help Digest 6 Sep 2011 07:10:15 -0000 Issue 3793

On 6 September 2011 08:25, Milind wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I dont't know how to reply to a message on "gcc-help" mailing list so,
> I am directly writing to you.

You just reply, including the list address in the To or CC fields.

> WRT your question: I am trying to see if some of the performance
> related observations I am doing on GCC coming with SPEC-2006 is not
> invalidated by more recent GCC versions. So, want to run same
> workloads on newer GCC to check that the findings are still relevant.
>
> Could you help me on teh flags that will make current GCC behave like
> the one in SPEC-2006?

It's still not clear what you mean by "behave like" ... GCC is still a
compiler so it still behaves similarly.

There are many changes since 3.2, mostly good, and most cannot be disabled.

Is there some specific behaviour you want to change?  Please be specific.

If you can't be specific, maybe you don't actually need to change
anything?  Have you actually tried and found a problem?  If not, why
don't you do that, and then ask more specific questions if you have a
specific problem.