Re: GCC

On 29 August 2011 10:20, David Brown <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29/08/2011 10:44, emil johansson wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>> I have some problems building GCC. I get more than 500 errors. Why?
>> I'm using Microsoft Windows Vista.
>> Help needed :)
>>

> You clearly don't have much experience at this sort of thing, or you would
> know that for anyone to help you with building gcc here, you would need to
> give lots more information (what version of gcc?  What compiler/version are
> you using to build it?  What configuration?  What error messages? etc.,
> etc.).
>
> Unless you have some overwhelming reason for building gcc on Vista, I simply
> would not bother.  Download a pre-built binary and use that.  If you are
> looking for a native gcc, use <http://www.mingw.org>.  If you are looking
> for a cross-platform gcc of some sort, there are pre-built binaries for most
> targets - ask google, or give more information when asking here.

You can also try cygwin http://www.cygwin.com/ i had some good
experience with it where i used to work.

If you gave us more details on your "errors" i am sure we can help but
if your on windows using mingw or cygwin are your best bet so give
them a while they each have plenty of documentation and user bases to
help you i am sure.

--Phil