Re: unknown type name 'TItype'

2011/8/18 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2011/8/18 Maciej Bliziński:
>>
>> Here is the configuration invocation that I used:
>>
>> [===== NOW BUILDING: gcc-4.6.1 MODULATION isa-i386: ISA=i386 =====]
>>        [extract-modulated] complete for gcc.
>>        [patch-modulated] complete for gcc.
>>  ==> Running configure in work/solaris10-i386/build-isa-i386/gcc-4.6.1
>> cd work/solaris10-i386/build-isa-i386/gcc-4.6.1 && mkdir -p objdir &&
>> cd objdir &&
>
> Building in a sub-directory of the sources is NOT supported.
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html

Thanks for spotting this.  I adjusted the build description to use a
directory beside the sources.

> Also, I fell asleep halfway through reading all those variables
> assignments, why don't you try keeping it simple just to see if you
> can build a basic configuration, then start adding all those tweaks if
> you really think you need them

I went this general path.  After some experimentation, I found out
that CFLAGS and CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET are only necessary for the sparc
architecture.  When building for i386, it's best to unset CFLAGS (and
friends, including FFLAGS and FCFLAGS).

Usually, I try to keep package build descriptions for sparc and i386
as similar as possible.  In this case, I had to have them diverge a
bit.  Thanks again for the help, I got GCC to build on the Intel
architecture and will proceed with testing.

Maciej