Automatically testing gcc

Hello list,

I've two questions regarding testing:

First, how can I make sure that my change did not affect code generation at all? Ideally I would like to run the test-suite on trunk, then on the patched version, and diff all object files. Is there an automated way?

Also is it guaranteed that two runs on all testsuite will always produce the same code? Or are there maybe some passes that don't guarantee determinism?

Second, given that I made a tiny change in the logic, can I make sure that there is no case that would generate worse code? Is there automated way for that? Does it involve benchmarking or somehow measuring code quality?

Thanks in advance,
Dimitris