Re: How to insert external global variable declarations and pointer assignment statements through GCC plugin GIMPLE pass

"Abhijit Nandy" <abhijit.nandy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I get the following output from it :
>
> ;; Function main (main)
>
> main ()
> {
>  char * p.1;
>
> <bb 2>:
>  p.1 = &_binary_ccu_start;
>  molen_elfset (p.1);
> }
>
> To recall I am trying to insert the following in a C program :
>
> extern char _binary_ccu_start;
>
> int main (int argc, char **argv)
> {
>    char *p = &_binary_ccu_start;
>    molen_elfset(p);
> }

If you are looking at a dump file, then it seems to me that you are
getting what you want.  A dump file is not a C file; it doesn't list the
extern declarations explicitly.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Ian