Re: gcc 4.6.0

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If by "self rpath" you mean setting rpath to the directory where gcc
> is installed that won't help when people have installed gmp, mpfr and
> mpc elsewhere (which they often do)

No, I mean adding an rpath with the path for these trouble makers into
"whatever" in gcc needs to find them. A specific rpath isn't tied to a
particular library, is it? For example if I build gcc using particular
revision of gmp in a particular spot (hacked to include an rpath to
find it). And then download and build a minor rev to gmp in a
different place and remove the original. If I tell the dynamic linker
about the new gmp will gcc still run?

> See http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html#rpath for why GCC doesn't set rpath
> automatically, unlike some other compilers.

Thanks for the link. I'll take a look.

> If you want it to have an rpath you have that option, using
> appropriate linker flags or the LD_RUN_PATH environment variable.

Is this env in the install manual? I'll take a peek. Might give it a try.

kevin