Re: about named address space

Rony Paul <ronypaul77@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> suppose I have the following piece of code in my program.
>
>   extern  int __ea x;
>   int y;
>   y = x;
>
> that means I am copying data from one address space to another.
> in that case will the method spu_addr_space_convert (rtx op, tree
> from_type, tree to_type);  be called by the compiler?
> in the spu.c file the defination of " spu_addr_space_convert " is
> given. but when and under which condition they will be called ?

I'm pretty sure it won't be called.  That function converts a pointer to
one address space into a pointer to a different address space.  No such
conversion is happening here.

> where
> is it defined?

The function spu_addr_space_convert is the SPU-specific implementation
of the target hook TARGET_ADDR_SPACE_CONVERT which is documented in the
section on named address spaces.

Ian