Re: missing symbols with bobcat C++ library on armel

George Danchev <danchev@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> However, it is still unclear why the compiler would behave differently on
> armel, and not simply ignoring the inline request as it does on other
> architectures. This is a subtle behavior and smells like a bug in the compiler
> itself. Should we prepare a sample code manifesting the issue and file a bug
> against gcc?

It's normal for gcc to make different inlining decisions on different
targets.  It is odd that this only happens on the one target, and it
couldn't hurt to set up a bug report, but it's reasonably likely that it
will turn out to simply be some ordinary difference in code generation.
It's also possible that there is a bug in the inliner; I don't know.

Ian