loops problem

Hello everyone

I am facing some problem at obtaining the number of loops in the source program.
I am trying to use a function number_of_loops defined in cfgloop.h
with the help of plugin.

I have tried to capture this at both GIMPLE level after copy headers
pass where I always get the value of 0,
because the condition  if (!current_loops)    return 0; is (I think)
always becoming true and the same thing happens
at RTL after 'loop2_init' pass but I get the value of 1 even in the
presence or in the absence of any loop.

This is the first time I am playing with GCC plugins. Please help me
out with this issue.

PS: The passes after which I am puting my passes are definitely
producing the information about the loops as
can be seen from the dumps produced by copy headers pass and loop
initialization.

Regards

Abdul