Re: can't run gcc 4.5.3/4.6.0 under ubuntu 11.04

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

Sorry, could you explain what I could test? I thought I should do the same with the system installed tools.

If you keep only the system ld (don't install your own) and compile a new gcc, does it work?

Using system ld instead of system gcc is changing nothing, or?

The difference is whether gcc passes different options to ld or ld was compiled with different options (or patches). If you insist on compiling your own, the first thing to do would be to check how the ubuntu versions were compiled.

--
Marc Glisse