Generate annotations for a binary translator

Hi, all

  I am wondering if there is any possibility that gcc can
generate annotations like control flow, or register usage
into the executable. The idea comes from the paper below,

  Techniques to improve dynamic binary optimization
  http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~adas/adas-thesis-embed.pdf

The paper lists annotations that may benefit a binary translator
on chapter 5. For example, basic block register usage (live-ins
ans live-outs) lets binary translators know which register
can be used for optimizing. And control flow information can be
used by the binary translator to identify a loop.

  I am not familar with gcc, so any sugguestion is apprecidated.
Thanks!

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (ééä)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,