RE: Live range information

Don't know for sure, but I would doubt that since finding that out equals a
breadth-first search across the AST for each variable and further I can't
imagine any use a optimizer could have for that information. Therefore it
would be a useless operation that only consumes time for nothing. Someone
correct me please if I'm wrong! :-)

Anyway I'm only familiar with compiler/optimizer theory and not with the gcc
implementation. If you feel to do so, you should peek at the sourcecode of
gcc to find out more.