Re: -iquotedir

ali hagigat <hagigatali@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This option does not make sense! When we use -I option, it is not used
> for â#include <file >â. Is that right?

No, that is not correct.  A -I option is used for both #include "FILE"
and #include <FILE>.

> Or -I search path is used for â#include <file >â but the file is
> tagged as a system file?

That is true.

> My another concern is the explanation of -I option!!:
> "If a standard system include directory, or a directory specified with
> â-isystemâ, is also specified with â-Iâ, the â-Iâ option will be
> ignored."
>
> In this case -I option and the directory after that are not ignored!!
> -I is replaced with -isystem. When you have written "ignored", it
> suggests that -I does not be considered.

I'm not sure I understand the distinction you are drawing.  Are you
saying that the compiler behaves as though the -I were replaced with
-isystem?  As far as I know, that is not the case.  I believe the
compiler really does act as though the -I option were not specified.

> Then the manual continues:
> "The directory will still be searched but as a system directory at its
> normal position in the system
> include chain"
>
> When a beginner reads your sentence he asks what is the system include
> chain? and what is the normal position? Is it the point where -I has
> been used on the command line? or it is pointing to the directory of
> the system which is used by gcc when searching headers.

Patches welcome.

Ian