Compiling fop to native windows

Greetings,

I'm trying to compile the java FOP (formatting objects processor) to run
natively on windows. One may ask: WHY? The reason is that we have some
computers on which we are not allowed to install a JRE but we would anyway
love to use FOP for rendering docbook documents to PDF. Unfortunately I ran
into some trouble compiling it, which is why I'm searching for help on this
list.

This is where it fails:

--- QUOTE ---
org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityPreprocessor.java: In class
'org.apache.fop.accessibility.AccessibilityPreprocessor':
org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityPreprocessor.java: In constructor
'(javax.xml.transform.sax.TransformerHandler,javax.xml.transform.Transformer
,org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent,org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler)':
In file included from
org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityEventProducer.java:0:0,
                 from
org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityEventProducer.java:42,
                 from
org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityEventProducer.java:43,
                 from org/apache/fop/accessibility/Accessibility.java:44,
                 from org/apache/fop/Version.java:37,
                 from org/apache/fop/ResourceEventProducer.java:1,
                 from org/apache/fop/ResourceEventProducer.java:52,
                 from org/apache/fop/ResourceEventProducer.java:58,
                 from <built-in>:3:
org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityPreprocessor.java:50:0: error:
cannot find file for class
org.apache.commons.io.output.ByteArrayOutputStream
org/apache/fop/accessibility/AccessibilityPreprocessor.java:50: confused by
earlier errors, bailing out
make: *** [fop.exe] Error 1
--- QUOTE ---

What I've done so far is:

* use maven to fetch all required dependencies
* use cygwin for:
  * make (3.81)
  * gcj-4 (4.5.0)
* use make as frontend to gcj

I pasted the Makefile here: http://pastebin.com/yEJGzEbA
And the pom.xml here: http://pastebin.com/LRbJMVMd

What I do not get is, that there's definitely the .class file for
ByteArrayOutputStream in commons-io-1.3.1.jar. Can someone explain me what I
am doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
D.