Re: about named address space

Rony Paul <ronypaul77@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I want to use named address space support to allow mixed endian
> applications. Specifying the endianness of address spaces.
> Can you suggest me what should I do in this purpose? and which files I
> need to modify ?

In general named address space is described here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Named-Address-Spaces.html

You didn't mention which backend you are using and you didn't mention
how you mean to handle pointers to an address space of different
endianness.  Named address spaces seem appropriate if some of your
memory is big-endian and some is little-endian.  I don't know whether
they are appropriate if you want to have both big-endian and
little-endian pointers to the same area of memory.

Ian