Re: duplicate a variable!!!!

On 31/03/2011 16:57, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Greicy.Costa-Marques@xxxxxxx writes:

One important question
is going to be how you know which variable you want to duplicate.

yes, i know which variables i want to duplicate.

Presumably you don't want to duplicate all variables.

no, i want to duplicate all variables in my code.

Another important question is what you want to do with the
duplicated variable.

Because I want to harden  my code.  I'm working with fault injection
by software and I want to harden my code, and a way of hardening is
the duplication of variables. And as I still do not know how, I chose
to start trying for a single variable and after to use the same path
for all variables in my code.

It's a lot easier to duplicate all variables than it is to duplicate a
single variable.

I do not know what duplicating variables has to do with hardening code.

That would be my question too. I know a little (but not much) about hardening code, and I am aware of some of the issues if there can be unexpected outside influences on your program (such as radiation or hardware issues causing changes to memory locations). I can't see any way in which some sort of general duplication of variables would help.

I think it would be a better idea for the OP to think through what he is trying to achieve, and ask questions based on that. Maybe there are other ways to get the hardening he wants.