Re: fatal error: ppl_c.h: No such file or directory

On 31 March 2011 18:40, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
>>    [root@localhost etc]# cat ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
>>    /usr/lib/mysql
>>    /opt/meego/lib
>>    /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib
>>    /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2
>
> Mine is:
> mahmood@pc:/etc$  cat ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
> /usr/lib/mesa
> # Multiarch support
> /lib/i686-linux-gnu
> /usr/lib/i686-linux-gnu
> /usr/lib/alsa-lib
> # libc default configuration
> /usr/local/lib
>
> The strange thing for me was that with the libc default configuration, and the
> presence of libmpc.so.2 in /usr/local/lib, it can not find the file. However,

Then maybe you need to run ldconfig or reboot to update the cache.

> by running "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib" that problem is now solved.

Yes, as it says in the FAQ I linked to earlier, you need to ensure the
runtime linker can find the libraries. How to do that is not in scope
for GCC but it is documented at
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html under the --with-gmp,
--with-mpfr, --with-mpc etc. options and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is suggested.

If you use my config-gcc.mk then those libraries are linked statically
and it all just works, without using ldconfig or LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
anything else.