Re: C compiler

On 13 March 2011 14:42, Rohit Rehan wrote:
> Sir,
> How com the compiler of c is written in C. I mean first we need to compile
> the source to get object but if we don't have a compiler to compile C source
> how can we write a compiler in C. I am totally confused please help me.

Yes, you need a C compiler to build GCC from source:
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html

This is a common technique, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootstrapping_(compilers)

Most operating systems either have pre-built versions of GCC available
or provide another C compiler which can be used to compile GC.