Re: How to stop gcc caching

On 03/06/2011 07:51 AM, richardcavell@xxxxxxxx wrote:
It's not. GCC doesn't do anything like that.

I guess it was my imagination then.  Sorry.

Umm... no, not that was not his point at all. GCC does not provide any build system to be used in your project; it's a compiler suite. You are probably using a Makefile (input for GNU Make), which decides when and how the compiler should be invoked to compile your source code. These decisions are not based on caching, they are based on the timestamps of input and output files.

If you are using a Makefile, then this is not the right place to ask questions about why it doesn't behave the way you expect (or want it to)... you need to find a list for questions about GNU Make.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kfleming@xxxxxxxxxx