Re: Need help for modifying the format of debug

2011/3/5 Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Xiaofeng <dolphin.feng@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Does this mean we cannot obtain the scope information using the current framwork of gcc?
>
> You can get some sorts of scope information, but there is no clean
> mapping to the instruction stream.  The instructions for different
> scopes are not properly nested.
>
>> Can we obtain this information from RTL?
>
> No, but you can look at the debug info.
>
> Ian

Because our exsiting assembler requires this scope information in the
assembler code.
For example (I mentioned this yesterday):

source code:
1:void main()
2:{
3:	int i=1;
4:	if (i>1)
5:	{
6:		i=2;
7:		if(i == 2)
8:		{
9:			i=i+1;
10:			i=3;
11:		}
12:		i=i-1;
13:	}
14:	i=i+1;
15:}

-----> assemeber code for statement 6, 7, and 9:

	scope 2	------------------------ we want to add this "scope" information
	line 6 	              --
.LM3:				|
	MOV A,2			|
	MOV Y+1,A		|- for statement 6
 	MOV A,2 		        |
	MOV Y+1,A	      --
	line 7		              --
.LM4:				|- for statement 7
	....		              --
	scope 3	----------------------   we want to add this "scope" information
	line 9		              --
	INC Y+1			|- for statement 9
	SZ [0AH].2		|
	INC Y+1		      --

Can you give us any suggestions on how to implement this, since gcc
has not this information ready.
Thank you very much

Stephen