Re: Output files with memry information?

On 25/02/2011 9:05 p.m., Schnapphase wrote:
I have a weird problem. I have to check some C code for read accesses on
certain variables. For example, if I analyze the variable abc, I have to
know if abc is being read somewhere in the code. This also includes access
to the memory address where the variable is held. I don't care about write
operations.

That is, in general, impossible, as it could decide the halting problem. Now, if you only want to know if the variable is read from directly, or the address of the variable is ever taken, that would be possible.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock