Re: plese help to install gcc 2.95.3 compiler

On 22 February 2011 19:57, kevin diggs wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:38 AM, nayanalekha sugandanee wrote:
>>
>> I got the eror log as
>> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>>
> Could the configure script be missing execute permission?

$ touch clue
$ ./clue
bash: ./clue: Permission denied

So no, that's not the problem.

I know you're only trying to help, but  "no such file or directory"
means the file isn't there, it doesn't mean it exists but isn't
executable. It took me less than 10 seconds to prove that, your email
is just likely to add more confusion for someone who is obviously not
well-versed in running command-line programs.

> Another VERY
> remote possibility is that the filesystem is mounted with that option
> that prevents execution of at least some types of files.
>
> kevin
>
> P.S.:  Did 2.95 do multilib?

I don't think so, but I don't see how it's at all relevant.