Re: -funsigned-char option

ali hagigat <hagigatali@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> "-funsigned-char
> Each kind of machine has a default for what char should be. It is either like
> unsigned char by default or like signed char by default."
> I have copied part of gcc manual. What does the above line mean? I do
> not understand it.

It helps if you can ask a more specific question.  When you simply "I do
not understand" it's hard for us to do anything other than to repeat the
text.  Please try to say what it is that you do not understand.

In the C and C++ standards, the type "char" can be either signed or
unsigned.  GCC picks a default setting which works well for the
processor.  This option overrides the default setting to say that "char"
is unsigned.

Ian