Re: g++, I'm not able to produce debug info for some classes

On 26.01.2011 19:22, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
"Vyacheslav V. Yurkov"<uvv.mail@xxxxxxxxx>  writes:

I don't fully grasp your comment about objdump.  A type like class X
would not have an address.  The objdump program does not dump debugging
information.

It does, objdump with -g option displays debug information from object file.
Well, OK, but that doesn't work for DWARF, and everybody these days
should be using DWARF.  Actually I would like that option to work for
DWARF but nobody has implemented it.

Note that in general you need to have a variable of type X before gdb
can tell you anything about it.

Actually I have one, but I don't need to.
Gdb must be able to display class members without a variable of this class.
But gcc won't generate debugging information for a class if there are no
actual instances of the class.  Otherwise C++ .o files would be
gargantuan, since they would have to contain debug info for every class
defined in every included .h file.

Ian

If someone is still interested I figured out how to solve my issue.
g++ option -femit-class-debug-always solves my problem.

--
Yours sincerely,
Vyacheslav V. Yurkov