Re: Do not spill variables/registers on the stack

Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What you want is to disable all optimizations other than register
>> allocation. ÂThat does not sound like a particularly useful feature for
>> gcc to provide, and in fact it does not provide it. ÂYou could do it by
>> changing gcc's source code.
>
> would that actually say that with -O0 you can say goodbye to
> "register" keywords (gcc will start ignoring them for -O0, while for
> other -Ox it will **not** ignore them) ?

My understanding was that the OP did not want to put register keywords
everywhere.

As far as I know gcc does ignore the register keyword at optimization
levels about -O0, except for register asm and forbidding taking the
address of a variable marked as register.

Ian