compile on AIX 5.3 for AIX 4.3 - is crosscompiler required?

Hi,

my setup is as follows: I have one (relatively) fast IBM machine with
AIX 5.3, and veeery old one with AIX 4.3. The slower machine is The
Target - I must compile software for it. Testing software on 4.3
machine is acceptable, but compilation isn't - it has, if I recall
correctly, 128MB of RAM and 120MHz CPU and software is written in such
way, that change in one header usualy forces recompilation of half of
a project. So I'd like to compile on AIX 5.3 for AIX 4.3 - do I need a
cross-compiler? Or should I build with -march=... (or similar) set to
target's configuration and just link on older machine? Or it will work
only if I'm lucky? If I do need a cross-compiler, where should I
start?

Thanks for pointers and forgive me my english.
--
JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz

I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.