Re: Fwd: Compiling pgm for an older linux version - cross compiler

21.1.2011 14:15, Jacques Greindl kirjoitti:

The older system is an embedded one -->  no compiler on it (run on 2mb
flash mem).
I build this one a few years ago with an old linux desktop. And I
don't have it anymore. But I have to make an upgrade for the embedded
system...

So I have to :
1- find the glibc version of my embedded system

Running '/lib/libc.so.6' on it should tell if there are any shared libs
and if, how the main one was produced...

2- install this version on my actual system without erasing my actual one (how?)

Copying the complete glibc set onto the "cross" development host...

3- compile my sources with gcc and a parameter to specify this version (how?)

With a self-made cross GCC or with the native GCC from that 'old linux
desktop', my guess would be Red Hat 6.2 by your earlier message... The
GCC (egcs-1.1.2) binaries from RHL6.2 should work still on the uptodate Linuces...

But you had better to reveal more details, CPU arch etc., the Linux/x86
was mu guess...