Re: g++ cross distro compilation problem

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Nick Stokes
<randomaccessiterator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I don't know why they're different (on my glibc 2.12 system the
>>> uselocale definition is guarded by __USE_GNU, just like your CentOS
>>> system) but it looks like you've found the solution.
>>>
>>> Users are not supposed to use the __USE_XXX macros, instead you should
>>> define _GNU_SOURCE to enable __USE_GNU and _POSIX_C_SOURCE=200809L (or
>>> greater) to enable __USE_XOPEN2K8.
>>
>> It looks as though you can also define _XOPEN_SOURCE=700 (or greater)
>> to set __USE_XOPEN2K8
>>
>> Either way, you should use one of those standard feature test macros,
>> not the __USE_XOPEN2K8 one which is an internal implementation
>> details, see man feature_test_macros for more details.
>>

> Thanks, these are great leads!
>
> But unfortunately this didn't work either. The reason is subtle (and
> elusive!): On CentOS (where gcc is built) the GCC features.h header is
> defining __USE_XOPEN2K, and not __USE_XOPEN2K8  conditioned on
> _XOPEN_SOURCE (or _POSIX_C_SOURCE) being defined.   But on the
> front-end SUSE, the /usr/include/locale.h is expecting __USE_XOPEN2K8,
> hence fails.
>
> - nick

I guess I can sweep under the rug for now by defining __USE_XOPEN2K8.
Incidentally, I need to make this transparent for users. Is it
possible to add such "custom" definitions to gcc at configure time (or
is there some other way to accomplish this)?

Thanks,
- Nick