-aux-info option of GCC

-aux-info filename
Besides declarations, the file indicates, in comments, the origin of
each declara-
tion (source file and line), whether the declaration was implicit, prototyped or
unprototyped (‘I’, ‘N’ for new or ‘O’ for old, respectively, in the
first character
after the line number and the colon), .....
I have copied part of GCC manual. I wonder if anybody can write a C
program to see the 'O' by -aux-info.
When compiler comes across a function prototype or the definition of a
function, it generates 'N' by -aux-info. When it can generate 'O'?