Re: fno-jump-tables question

Jorge PEREZ <jorge.perez@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> The -fno-jump-tables option to GCC removes the jump tables as it name
> indicates, which I think is mostly relevant for switch cases.
>
> I was wondering if anybody knows the name of the section (e.g.
> ".text.jump-tables" or something like that?) where such jump tables are
> placed when the option is not used, so I can place it arbitrarily via
> the linker script, for example in an external memory.

(Appending reply to the correct thread.)

When jump tables are used, their location depends on the target.  They
are not generally placed in a special section name.  On some targets
they must be placed in the .text section.  When possible they are placed
in the .rodata section, or whichever section is used to hold read-only
data.

Ian