Re: GCC GUI???

On 12/27/2010 3:02 PM, emanu wrote:

No.  Those are what is needed if you wish to build GCC yourself.
GCC is a command line program.
Well, I didn´t wanted to compile a program to them compile another program.
I wanted a working program to compile in. And I know GCC is a command line
program but am looking for a GUI "version" of it. I've found MinGW to be
one.
(using Windows 7) I downloaded it but it wont run. Great packages. It
presents
an error message saying it misses the file: msys-1.0.dll.

I don't know whether you're attempting to be ironic. This is the first hint of what you apparently thought was obvious, that you wanted to run on Windows. If you're trying to build a linux style application for native windows, the mingw cross compilers in Cygwin might prove useful (they were improved greatly this month), but we have no way of guessing your "obvious" requirements. Needless to say, you could waste a lot of time here saying you want a GUI. For that, there are several commercial compilers, as well as the insight GUI debugger which works with gcc.

--
Tim Prince