Re: Inserting labels before and after my program's global variables

Amittai Aviram <amittai.aviram@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thank you very much!  But I just tried linking with the -v option, and
> the output looks as if the linker does in fact put head.o immediately
> before hello.o and tail.o immediately after it.  (Output below.  The
> relevant bit is near the bottom.)  Why doesn't that give me the
> results I was expecting in the finished executable binary?

I don't know, you would have to provide more details about exactly what
input you used, what you expected to see, exactly what you saw, and why
you expected it to be different.

One specific issue is that common symbols don't match your scheme, since
they are not defined in the .bss section in a .o file but are placed
there later by the linker.

Ian