Re: Hail Marry time ...

> Hi,
>
> I can't even get TI to give me a copy of the instruction set reference
> (spvu019). I haven't checked but don't see them releasing a
> compiler???
>
> Anyone know why a ~30 year old graphics processor architecture is such
> a closely protected secret?
>
> I have an EISA graphics card,a Mylex GXe020 that I would like to
> tinker with. Can't do much of anything without the chip reference.

I just did the usual google-ing ( is that a word now? ) around and came up
with a detailed spec sheet and then no opcodes!? Why have a datasheet
without the opcodes? That is annoying.

I think you need to go "old school" here and begin some basic social
engineeering ( something I was once very good at ) on the TI engineering
staff to see if someone will dig out what you need. It is hardly a
national secret.

Dennis