Re: not quite polymorphism

Dear gcc/g++ programers:

that is in the book "Programming-Principle and practice using C++" 4th Ed., Chapter 12, display model
I can not compile first example chapter.12.3
                 or simplest    chapter.12.7.2
by fltk 1.1.10 or 1.3 or 2.0
they all show name ambiguous "Window", since it be declared in X11 's header file
under my gcc/g++ 4.4.3
linux
that I am glad to hear anyone have succesful story on linux/gcc.  If it is , please specify detail platform
the example code, and included graphic header/source file can be got form Mr. Bjarne Stroustrup's website

    http://www.stroustrup.com/Programming/Programming-code2.zip

it comewith's fltk 1.1.9 is not Make able.  Fltk forum programers suggest using 1.1.10, 1.3, 2.0 to install and compile
I suggest rather than critize newcomer/newuser's question is unripen, advancer should show out the real successful code which can compile and run.  If not, please contact directly with orignal author of the code, who even is creator of c++.
  I ever email him, this problem and point out some of his code's (last)variable("own") be assigned as Window (struct),  how/where it be used(I didn't find how and where), so c++ compiler may dissolve same name but multi-usage variables (polymophism) problem.  But so far i still waiting.  I certain have no problem to go touch source of gcc by myself, just hope to see more programers feedback on this same issue with me.

Eric

Luxmail.com is spam free. However, we do not throw your important emails into spam box like other defective email systems.