Re: Runtime Link-Loader Behavior and ODR (Is this a Bug?)

Jeffrey Walton <noloader@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've familiarized myself with ISO/IEC 14882 [1] and section 3.5
> Program and Linkage. If a variable (g_Global above) satisfies
> paragraph/clause (9) (ie, names using external linkage in different
> scopes denotes the same object), where is it stated that constructors
> and destructors will run multiple times? I have not found anywhere in
> the standard where an object's constructor and destructors should be
> executed multiple times (cf, Section 12 Special member functions,
> Subsection 1, Constructors).

The C++ standard doesn't cover shared libraries, so this is all outside
the scope of the standard.

That said, I don't think that constructors should run multiple times in
this scenario, and I really can not explain what you are seeing.  Can
you construct a small self-contained example with a series of commands
to run to show the problem?

Ian