RE: license information for gcc

Thank you very much for your reply.

> To the best of my knowledge, current versions are GPL3 and earlier
> ones GPL2. Perhaps really early version had other licenses. The
> libraries are released under LGPL, so you can use gcc to build closed
> source applications.

Does this mean that it's possible to use gcc to build closed source
applications, regardless of the version of gcc?

The reason why I asked about license information is that I want to use gcc
to build application whose source I want to keep closed, and I thought that
gcc was protected under different kind of license depending on its version.
For instance, 3.x is protected under LGPL, and 4.x is protected under GPL,
etc.

Regards,

Yuya Hashimoto