Re: Why cannot insert Dynamic Linker path?

Ian,

>> attempt load re.so manually:
>> $ lib/auto/re/re.so
>> Segmentation fault
>
> You can't normally run shared libraries from the shell.  Shared
> libraries are not executables.  (It's possible to design your shared
> library so that it can be run from the shell, but that is unusual.)

Correct, I confirmed this by checking within a chroot environment.
The problem is unrelated with the unset dynamic linker path in the
shared object.

> You are running perl, so you are using the dynamic linker which perl is
> using.  If you want to change the dynamic linker, you need to change it
> in the perl executable.
>
> But it seems to me that your problem is an undefined symbol, and has
> nothing to do with the dynamic linker.

This undefined symbol gone when I re-configure and re-compile the
whole things within a clean chroot environment with the same
development toolchain but everhting in the default path. I believe
this is an unresolved problem when people try to build perl with an
alternate sysroot because it is still using a Stone Age 'Configure'
script. Sorry for off topic in this list.

Regards,
Samson