Re: GCov and GCC, *.da Files Not Created

Hey Ryan,

I am using GCC version 3.3.6.  When I instrument my object files with
-fprofile-arcs and -ftest-coverage, the appropriate *.bb and *.bbg files
are created.

The object files are then linked together into a static library libfoo.a
with:
ar rcs libfoo.a foo1.o foo2.o

Finally, a series of static libraries are linked together to create my
executable with:
gcc -fprofile-arcs -o foo.o<static libraries get linked here, including
libfoo.a>

Now, when I run the executable, the *.da files are not getting created.
Is there a step that I am missing?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

This question has been asking quite often on this mailing list so that I finally added a new section to our GCC wiki FAQ about a possible and most frequent root cause of your observation.

Please look at: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#gcc_gcov_data_file_not_created

If this is not working for you or you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask ...

Best regards,
Andi