Re: Asking help with (dwarf) exception hacking on mipsel

KertÃsz Csaba <csaba.kertesz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> When I execute a simple program using an instance of class A:
>
> - The return address is returned by __builtin_return_address(0) when
> searching the fde: 0x2344eca7
> - The address of the class A instance where the exception is thrown: 0x2336b330
> - The address A::c2(): 0x2336b2dc
>
> It is obvious that the return address (pc) will not be found in the
> fdes, because the address space in the fdes completely different,
> around 0x400000-0x500000. On the other hand, it also different from
> the address range of the class instance A.

This is an executable, not a shared library, right?

Doe the value returned by __builtin_return_address correspond to a value
in the text segment of your program, as shown by readelf -S?  If not,
why not?

If it does correspond, then why do the FDEs not cover that address?

Ian